Saturday, May 17, 2008

New Job!

Many of my friends have been asking about my new job so I thought I would share a little about it. The name of the Company is Bridgestreet Worldwide, Its a Corporate Housing Firm. My job as a Guest Services Coordinator is to do just about anything the guest wants. When a client relocates or is on a contract we find housing for them. We arrange everything from hooking up the cable to furnishing the Apartment. Once the guest moves in I am their point of contact for everything housing related. What I've learned in my 3 weeks there is that everyday is different and every guest is high maintenance. The actual company that I work for is very prestigious and reputable, which is why I couldn't resist the opportunity. (Well that and a much bigger paycheck) Marriott (doesn't pay well) has given me skills and training which has made my transition to Bridgestreet so much easier. They didn't hold my hand much, I pretty much jumped right in and have been working hard ever since. The trip I am going on is for Guest Relations Training. A lot of the clients we are dealing with are people relocating and so we need to be sensitive to that. Moving is stressful especially with a wife and kids in tow. I am an army brat so this is all too familiar to me.
So far I love the new gig, it's a challenge and it keeps me on my toes. I still work for Marriott about once a month that way I can keep the great hotel benefits that we have come to love and cherish.
So there you have it!
Thanks for all the kinds comments. They are appreciated!

2 comments:

Travelin' Tracy said...

I'm so glad you like your new job...maybe you can even help me. I am trying to find a good company to ship a few boxes to Kosovo. The quotes I have found so far seem really high, way too high. I feel like I am searching in the wrong places!

Hannah Marshall said...

you'll be here TOMORROW!!! :)